Serving: 5 cup
Portion size: ½ cups
Potatoes, Leached, medium 3 in no
Tomato, Leached large 2 in no
Onion, large 1 in no
Cauliflower, leached 1 cup
Green Peas, Fresh 1 cup
Capsicum, medium 1 in no
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Pav bhaji Masala 2 tbsp.
Haldi 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Butter, unsalted 2 tbsp.
Water 1-2 cups
Salt as prescribed by Dietician
- Pressure cook potatoes, peas and cauliflower in plenty of water until fully cook. Drain off the water (Leach) and mash up well when pressure comes down. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in pan, add chopped onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste, fry until onions turn translucent.
- Add capsicum and fry for another 4-5 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry until soft and mushy.
- Add salt, haldi, red chilli powder and pav bhaji powder. Mix and fry masala for 2 mins or till raw smell of the mixture goes away.
- Add boiled and mashed vegetables.
- Add 2-3 cups of water or enough quantity water to get desired consistency.
- Cook for 4-5 min until bhaji thickens.
- Serve hot with toasted Pav and chopped onion.
Nutritive value as per one serving
Calories – 62 KCal
Proteins – 1.05 gram
Sodium – 43.3 mg
Potassium – 156.75 mg
Potassium ( Post Leaching) – Between 80 – 100 mg
Phosphorus – 35.1 mg
*Nutrient content of salt is not considered while calculating recipe.
*The values mentioned for potassium are without leaching. If proper technique is followed, potassium can be reduced up to 50%.
One Pav/ Two Bread slice will contribute approximately 275 mg of sodium. The daily allowance for sodium per day is 2500 mg.
1 tsp butter will provide approximately 40 Kcals and 0 sodium.
¼ th lemon will provide 20 mg of potassium.
1 tbsp. of chopped onion will provide 15 mg of potassium.