By: Ms. Apeksha Ekbote, Msc, RD, Chief Dietitian, NephroPlus
Grilled paneer with vegetables which can be eaten as a snack or main course
Servings - 5
Serving Size – 1/2
- Paneer – 500 gms cubed
- Green Capsicum – 1 (50gms)
- Onion – 1 (50gms)
- Tomato – 1 (50gms)
- Refined oil – 3-4 tsp. for greasing
- For marinade –
- Hung curd – 100gms
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp.
- Salt-1/4tsp or as per dieticians advice
Mix together the ingredients listed under “For Marinade” in a large glass mixing bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together thoroughly. Add the paneer, capsicum. Onions and tomatoes to the marinade.
- Ensure that the vegetables and paneer are well coated with the marinade. Then cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grease the bamboo skewers with oil slightly and arrange the paneer, onion, capsicum and tomato alternatively like a shashlik.
- If your grilling it in an oven, pre heat the oven at 250 degrees centigrade and grill for 20-25 minutes. You can even grill them on a pan by greasing the pan with oil and rotating the shasliks every two minutes on medium flame. Serve hot
NUTRITIVE VALUE FOR ONE SERVING