Serving size: 6 Papads
1. High protein
2. No added salt
100gm Tofu, extra firm, (Nigari)
1 tsp Olive Oil
Sprinkle of Oregano and Parsley
Sprinkle of Chili flakes
1/4tsp of ginger paste (optional)
- Thinly slice Tofu into strips
- To 1 tsp of olive oil, add 1/4tsp ground ginger paste and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Brush the strips with the above olive oil on both sides.
- Place strips flat on a microwave safe plate.
- Sprinkle all the salt less herbs like oregano, parsley and chili flakes.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Yummy protein rich snack is ready.
Tofu may be manufactured using magnesium chloride (Nigari), calcium sulphate or both in varying quantities. Nutrition content will vary with the type of Tofu.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 65 Kcal
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 4 mg
Phosphorus: 68 mg
Calcium: 88 mg
Potassium: 66 mg
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Disclaimer: Including this recipe without consulting your dietitian may cause disturbances in your laboratory results. Creating variety in your eating pattern is one way to improve your quality of life.