Portion size- 1 to 1.5 “10-12 pcs
Serving size- 3- 4 pcs in no
Rice ¾ cup or 175 g
Urad dal ¾ cup
Green chilli 2-3 in no
Ginger ½ inch
Sour yogurt ½ cup
Oil 1 tsp
Salt 1/8 tsp
Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Wash rice and Urad dal under running water and soak in water for 5 hours.
- After enough soaking, blend soaked mixture with ginger and green chillies.
- The batter should be course like Idli batter.
- Add sour yogurt and salt to the batter.
- Mix the batter and leave the batter in a warm place to ferment for 8 hours.
- Before preparing the dhoklas, grease the pan in which you will be making dhokla.
- Prepare the steamer with water and wait until water comes to boil.
- Add oil in the batter and stir well.
- Finally add baking soda and stir well, to uniformly distribute it in the batter.
- Empty the content in the greased pan. Sprinkle red chilli powder and black pepper.
- Cover and steam the batter for 20-25 mins or more until cooked.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
Nutritive value as per one serving
Calories – 194 KCal
Proteins – 5 gram
Sodium – 206 mg
Potassium – 105 mg
Phosphorus – 145 mg