Portion Size: 48 Hearts
Serving Size: 6-8 Hearts
Whole Wheat flour 2 cup
Salt ¼ tsp
Water ¾ cup
Olive Oil 3 tbsp.
Chilli powder ½- ¾ tsp
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, water and oil.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover it with damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into eight equal portion.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each ball into 7-inch disk.
- Microwave them for 20 to 60 seconds; this will make the tortillas dry.
- Spray both the sides of tortillas with cooking oil and pile them above one another.
- Using a cookie cutter or stencil cut 1.5-inch hearts through the stack. One tortilla disk will yield approximately 5-6 hearts.
- In a bowl, lightly mix with chilli powder.
- Lay the hearts on a baking tray and bake them for 5-8 mins or until they turn golden brown or slightly curled up.
Nutritive value as per one serving
Calories – 154 Kcal
Proteins – 4 gram
Sodium – 160 mg
Potassium – 92 mg
Phosphorus – 75 mg