Happiness on the sticks. Other than happiness it also works as an excellent natural cough suppressant. Portions: 20 in no Serving Size: 1
- Sugar 1 cup
- Honey 1/3 cup
- Water 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice / Lemon essential oil 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon ¼ tsp.
- Ginger Grated 1 tsp.
- Place the sugar, honey, and water into a large pan.
- On medium heat, stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, place the candy thermometer in your pan and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Let it boil until it reaches 295 degrees Fahrenheit (or the hard crack stage).
- While the candy is boiling, lay the lollipop sticks on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Immediately after the candy reaches the hard crack stage, add other ingredients and stir.
- Slowly pour the hot mixture over one end of the lollipop sticks.
- Twist the lollipop sticks to make sure they are fully coated on the back of the mixture.
- Once completely cooled, wrap in clear, plastic treat bags and secure with a twist-tie or simply store in an air-tight container, separating the lollipops with a piece of wax or parchment paper.
|Calories Kcal||Proteins gram||Sodium mg||Potassium mg||Phosphorus mg|
- If you do not have a thermometer, you may test the honey for doneness by dropping a drop or two into a bowl of very cold water. If the honey hardens into a ball, it is ready. If it remains soft to the touch, return to a boil.
- If lollipop sticks are unavailable, you can use toothpicks instead.
- You can also use the lollipop as a sweet stirrer in the tea.