Portion Size: 5 cups
Serving Size: 1 cup
Bread Slice, large 4 in no
Milk 300 ml.
Sugar 4 tbsp.
Custard Powder 1 tbsp.
Vanilla essence ½ tsp.
Sugar 3 tbsp.
Water 1 tbsp.
- In a non-stick pan add milk, sugar and custard powder.
- Stir the mixture till sugar dissolves. Turn off the flames.
- Now soak crumbled bread pieces in milk. Mash bread using spoon to make it into smooth paste.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well. Keep the mixture aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 3 tbsp. sugar and water until melted and golden.
- Pour into 5 pudding cups, tilting to coat bottom of cup; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over caramelized sugar. Cover the cup with silver foil.
- Boil water in a pressure cooker and place the pudding cups in it carefully.
- Cover the cooker with the lid. Remove the whistle.
- Stem the pudding for 20-25 mins.
- To unmould, run a knife around rim of cup and invert onto dessert place. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritive value as per one serving:
Calories : 209 Kcal
Proteins: 5 gram
Sodium: 191 mg
Potassium: 135 mg
Phosphorus: 97 mg