Portion: 6 cups
Serving: 1 cup
Mixed Leached vegetable 250 g (Carrots, French Beans, Baby corn, Cauliflower, Bell peppers etc.)
Tomato, blanched puree- 2 in no
Onion, sliced 1 medium
Oil 2 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Cumin seed ½ tsp
Hing 1/8 tsp
Green chilli slit 2 in no
Haldi 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ¼ tsp
Garam Masala ¼ tsp
Ginger garlic paste ¼ tsp
Water 1- ½ cups
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Kasuri methi 1 tsp
Salt- as prescribed by the dietician.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seed and let it splutter.
- Add Hing, slit chilli and sliced onions. Fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, haldi, red chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté until 2-3 mins.
- Now add tomato paste and mix well. Let it cook for a while.
- Add chopped boiled vegetables and water. Mix well and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 5-7 mins or until vegetables are well cooked.
- When the vegetables are cooked and the dish has the desired consistency, add salt, sugar, kasuri methi, and garam masala. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with Jeera rice or Phulkas.
Nutritive value as per one serving
Calories – 156 Kcal
Proteins – 3.5 gram
Sodium – 10 mg
Potassium – 256 mg
Phosphorus – 38 mg
Note: Any seasonal vegetables (Low potassium) can be used to make this tangy vegetable. You can add sliced paneer to the above recipe to make paneer jalfrezi.