Portion size: 4
Serving size: 2-3 tbsp.
Ridge Gourd, chopped 2 cups
Green Chillies Slit 3-4 in no
Tomatoes ½ cup
Chana Dal 1 tsp
Urad Dal 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Curry Leaves 1 spring
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Hing one pinch
Oil 1 tsp
- Dry roast dal until golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
- Add oil in non-stick pan; add cumin seeds and fry chillies for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft and mushy.
- Add ridge gourd and fry until almost cooked.
- Add turmeric and salt as prescribed by the dietician.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
- For tempering add 1 tsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let is splutter.
- Add pinch of hing and curry leaves and fry until leaves turn crisp.
- Add seasoning to the ridge gourd paste and mix thoroughly.
- Beerakaya chutney is ready to serve.
Nutritive value as per one serving
Calories – 40.5 Kcal
Proteins – 0.9 gram
Sodium – 4.37 mg
Potassium – 57.5 mg
Phosphorus – 23 mg