Ingredients: 1 cup =150 g
Tomato, chopped 2 medium.
Ginger grated ½ tsp.
Red chilies 2-3 in no.
Chana dal 1 tsp.
Hing ¼ tsp.
Roasted Jeera powder 1 tsp.
Curry leaves 2-3
Mustard seeds ½ -1 tsp.
Jaggery / Sugar (Optional) for taste.
Oil 1 tsp.
- Dry roast red chilies, channa dal and Jeera. Keep aside.
- Take non-stick pan dry roast chopped tomatoes and ginger. Allow it to cool.
- Blend all the above ingredients coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter, add curry leaves and hing.
- Add the blended mixture and mix well.
- Tomato Chutney can serves as accompaniment with roti, parathas and appam.
Nutritive Value as per 1 cup (150 g).
Calories : 107.6 Kcal
Proteins : 3.89 gm
Sodium : 30.5 mg
Potassium : 235 mg
Phosphorus : 90.1 mg
*Serving size 1 tbsp. (15 g) = 23 mg potassium