Portion size: 4 each (18- 20 pcs)
Rice 150 g (Surati or Kollam)
Water 2 cups
Salt as prescribed by your dietician.
Oil as required
- Soak rice overnight with enough water.
- Next morning drain rice and grind it in a smooth paste.
- Add very little water while grinding, 1 to 2 teaspoon at a time. If too much of water is added, you will not be able to grind the rice into smooth paste.
- Transfer the batter in to a serving bowl.
- Add twice the amount of water as to the batter quantity. The batter should be thin and free flowing.
- Heat iron cast pan or non-stick pan. Grease the pan with enough oil.
- Stir the batter well every time you pour a dosa on the pan.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on a greased pan to make thin dosa.
- If dosa does not show pours add some water, similarly if you think the batter is too thin you can add little rice flour. Mix well.
- Spread the batter evenly and fill the large pours with batter if any.
- Cover the dosa with the lid for few seconds or until cooked. Do not flip it. Neer dosa has to be cooked from only one side.
- Remove the dosa from the pan and fold it triangular shapes as shown in the pics.
- Neer Dosa can be served with chutney, chicken curry and curry vegetables.
Nutritive value per serving
Calories – 92 Kcal
Proteins – 4 gram
Sodium – 3.5 mg
Potassium – 33.5 mg
Phosphorus – 80 mg