Ingredients: 1 cup =150 g
Urad dal 1 cup
Chana dal 1 cup
Red Chilies 8-10 in no
White sesame seeds, dry roasted 1 tbsp.
Hing powder ½ tsp.
Jaggery small piece (optional).
- Roast the dals together in two teaspoons of oil, till golden brown.
- Add red chilies and roast for two minutes.
- Add hing powder, sesame seeds, jaggery and salt.
- Grind the mixture coarsely.
- Mix with sesame oil and eat with idli, dosa and rice.
- It can be stored for two to three months in a air tight container.
Nutritive Value as per 1 small jar (400 g)
Calories : 1158 Kcal
Proteins : 70.62 gm
Sodium : 184.5 mg
Potassium : 2375 mg
Phosphorus : 1167.5 mg
*Serving size 1 tbsp. (10 g) = 59 mg potassium