Serving size: 1/2c
- Source of protein
- Comfort food
3/4C of Green peas, fresh
5 tsp of Vegetable oil
1tsp of Ginger, grated
1tsp Jeera (cumin)
1/4tsp Methi Dana (Fenugreek seeds)
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/4tsp Garam Masala
1Tsp Lemon Juice
1/4tsp Black Pepper
1 ½ tsp of fresh cream (optional)
2 C water
Pinch of salt
- Using no water or very little water blend green peas into a coarse paste.
- Fry the coarse peas paste along with the grated ginger, pinch of salt in 3 tsp oil over the medium flame for 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat 2 tsp of oil, add Jeera, Methi Dana to crackle. Add turmeric powder and add 2 cups of water to boil.
- To the above boiling mixture add the roasted peas mixture and turn the flame to low and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add Black Pepper, Garam Masala and Lemon juice. Mix well and cover the lid and leave for few minutes.
- Garnish the soup with 1/2tsp of fresh cream and serve hot or cold.
Disclaimer: Including this recipe without consulting your dietitian may cause disturbances in your laboratory results. Creating variety in your eating pattern is one way to improve your quality of life.