Serving size: 3/4C
1. Chutney less, sour and sweet taste
2. Low Sodium, Medium Potassium
2C Puffed Rice (Murmura)
1/2C Apple, finely chopped
1/2C Pineapple, finely chopped
1/4C Roasted Bengal Gram (Putana dal)
1 tsp, Chili, green finely chopped
Sprinkle of chili flakes
1/2 Lemon, small
1Tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Turmeric
Pinch of Salt (optional)
½ Spring of Curry leaves
- In a pan fry puffed rice and pinch of turmeric and curry leaves on dry heat first and then add roasted Bengal gram. Set this aside.
- Chop Pineapple, apple, chilies finely.
- Mix all the chopped fruits and chilies to the above fried mixture.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the mixture.
- Squeeze in half lemon and add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Mix the bhel nicely, then garnish it with crumpled khakra.
- Enjoy the chatpata juicy bhel with- out any chutneys.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 135 Kcal
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 51 mg
Phosphorus: 53 mg
Calcium: 22 mg
Potassium: 123 mg
Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
Disclaimer: Including this recipe without consulting your dietitian may cause disturbances in your laboratory results. Creating variety in your eating pattern is one way to improve your quality of life.