Portion Size: 300g
Serving Size: 30 g (3/4 th bowl)
Cornflakes (dry) 250 g
Poha ½ cup
Raw unsalted peanuts ¼ cup
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Sugar ½ tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Oil 1 tsp
- In a microwave, proof bowl place the corn flakes and microwave at high for 3-4 minutes until they pop up and become crisp.
- Mix once after every minute to avoid burning and to get crisply done flakes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Repeat for Poha and peanuts one after the other.
- Microwave each ingredient separately as the roasting time will differ and once done keep transferring to the same bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it has reach smoking point, turn off the flame and take the pan off the stove.
- Immediately add red chilli powder, salt, sugar and curry leaves and mix briskly.
- Add all the roasted ingredients to the pan and mix gently until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Store this cornflakes mixture in an airtight container and enjoy at leisure.
Nutritive value as per one (30 g) serving :
Calories : 147 Kcal
Proteins: 2.4 gram
Sodium: 131 mg
Potassium: 49 mg
Phosphorus: 29 mg
Note: Use flaked corn (locally available) instead of packed cornflakes. Packed cornflakes (cereals) will add 200 mg of extra sodium per serving.