Portion Size: 4 serving
Serving Size: 1 cup
Pasta 2 cups
Oil 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
Onion, 1 large
Tomato, blanched, pureed ½- ¾ cup
Mixed vegetables, Leached 1 cup (Fresh green peas, finely chopped carrots & Capsicum)
Garlic, chopped 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder ½ tsp
Garam Masala ¼ tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
- In a large pot, bring 5- 6 cups of water to boil. Add 1 tsp of oil and pasta and cook until al dente or you can refer to the cooking instructions mention on the pack.
- Rinse the pasta under running cold water. Drain in a colander and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add jeera and let it splutter. Add chopped garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add sliced onions and fry until they turn soft and pink.
- Toss leached veggies and stir-fry on high flame for 2- 3 mins.
- Add pureed blanched tomato to the pan and cook until it blends well with the veggies. Add red chilli powder, sugar and garam masala.
- Add little water, cover it with a lid and cook until the masala is well cooked.
- Add cooked pasta and stir well. Cook for 2- 3 minutes and serve hot.
Nutritive value as per one serving:
Calories : 195 Kcal
Proteins: 4.3 gram
Sodium: 163 mg
Potassium: 180 mg
Phosphorus: 60 mg
Note: You can use pasta of your choice. Macaroni, Penne and spaghetti goes well with this preparation.