Boiled leached potatoes 200 g
Fresh Green Peas – 50 g
Haldi – ¼ tsp.
Red chili powder – ¼ tsp.
Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp.
Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp.
Oil – 2 tsp. for shallow frying. (Oil sprays optional)
For the Batter:
Corn flour – 1 tbsp.
Maida – 1 tbsp.
Pepper – ¼ tsp.
Ginger Garlic paste – ¼ tsp.
Sugar for taste. (Optional)
Bread Crumbs/ Semolina -3 tbsp.
- Soak Potatoes and Green Peas for around 4 hrs. , change water if you want to soak more.
- Pressure cook potatoes and green peas with 4-5 glass of water, it may take around 4-5 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool down on its own, drain water and keep aside, let the water drain completely, or else the mixture will be soggy and sticky.
- Peel potatoes and mashed the mixture finely using a spoon or masher.
- Add Haldi, Red Chili Powder, Chat masala and Jeera powder to the mixture; divide the mixture into 4 equal balls, Keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients except bread crumbs; add very little water to make a thick paste.
- Roll the mixture balls in corn flour and then roll it into bread crumbs/semolina, press the cutlet between hands to make flat round tikki, cutlet moulds can also be used to shape the cutlets.
- Continue the procedure for other balls too.
- Add 2 tsp. oil in a nonstick pan, shallow fry cutlet till golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with mint and curd chutney.
Note: You can also slim fry the cutlets in Air fryer or microwave.
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories : 119 Kcal
Proteins: 2.6 gm
Sodium: 43.3 mg
Potassium: 146.5 mg
Phosphorus: 34 mg
Note:The nutritive value of food mention is before boiling and leaching of vegetables.
According to a new study in the Journal of Food Science explored the effects of leaching and boiling on levels of potassium and other minerals in potatoes and found that boiling cubed or shredded samples reduced potassium levels by 50 percent and 75 percent, respectively.