Portions – 5 nos.
Serving Size – 90g (2/3rd cup)
Ingredients (1 cup = 150g)
Cooked Rice – 300g (2 cups) (raw weight 100g)
Chopped Cabbage – 150g (1 cup)
Grated Carrot – 2 tbsp
Chopped Capsicum – 2 tbsp
Onion – ½ no. (50g)
Chopped Coriander Leaves – (Optional)
Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp (Optional)
Green Chilly – 1 no.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dhal – 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves – few
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Chilly Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt 1/4th tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat Oil in a pan. Temper with mustard seeds, jeera, Bengal Gram Dal, Curry leaves. Saute and let Splutter.
- Add Onion, Green Chilly. Saute.
- Add Carrot, Capsicum, Saute and cook.
- Then add Cabbage, salt and sauté for 3 minutes and cook well.
- Add Turmeric, Chilly Powder, Garam Masala. Saute on low flame.
- Add cooked Rice, some salt, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Coriander Leaves, grated Coconut before removing from flame.
- Serve Hot
Nutritive Value as per one Serving
Calories – 170 calories
Protein – 3g
Sodium – 110mg
Potassium – 227mg
Phosphorous – 68mg
Disclaimer: Including this recipe without consulting your dietitian may cause disturbances in your laboratory results. Creating variety in your eating pattern is one way to improve your quality of life.