Serving size: 5
1. Monsoon snack.
2. For occasional indulgence.
1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
½ cup Rice Flour
½ cup Suji (Semolina)
½ tsp Jeera Powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Oil for frying
1. Cut the onions longitudinally into medium thickness for cooking fast.
2. Mix rice flour, gram flour, semolina, jeera powder, and turmeric powder in a bowl.
3. Add chopped onions and mix lightly adding little water only. The mixture should bind together but little dry rather than of running consistency.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. When oil gets heated, using a teaspoon put the batter in oil to make pakoras.
5.Cook till light brown in color and take them on a plate lined with paper towel.
Tip: Making pakoras with less moisture instead of running consistency of the batter will absorb less oil and fry faster.
- You can replace vegetables with many other ingredients. Ask your dietitian to individualize your needs.
Disclaimer: Including this recipe without consulting your dietitian may cause disturbances in your laboratory results. Creating variety in your eating pattern is one way to improve your quality of life.