Serving size: 5
1. No added salt or fat
2. Protein and fiber rich
3. Crispy snack
1/2 C Bengal Gram Dhal, (Chana Dal)
2 Tbsp Chickpea flour (Besan)
1Tbsp Curd, sour
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Grated ginger ( optional)
Sprinkle of chili flakes
- In a bowl soak chana dal for 2 hours. After dal becomes double the quantity, grind it neither coarse nor thin. This will allow baked vada to be little soft, yet crisp.
- Add besan to make thicker consistency for vada.
- Add all spices and curd and mix well.
- Line a parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Use spoon to lay vadas on the parchment paper to bake.
- Bake at 160 C for around 10 minutes, or till it turns golden brown.
- Masala vadas are ready.
- If you want more crispness, take out vadas after baking for 5 minutes and brush the vadas with oil on the top and bake again for another 5 minutes.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 70 Kcal
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 15 mg
Phosphorus: 36 mg
Calcium: 23 mg
Potassium: 137 mg
Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
Disclaimer: Including this recipe without consulting your dietitian may cause disturbances in your laboratory results. Creating variety in your eating pattern is one way to improve your quality of life.