Nuts & Popcorns baked with the coating of caramel & corn syrup for a crunchy treat.
Portion Size- 5serving. Serving Size- 1 bowl.
- 100gm corns (1 cup)
- 50gm unblanched almonds(1/2cup)
- 50gm walnuts (1/2cup)
- 30gm granulated sugar (6 tsp)
- 25 gm unsalted butter (2 tsp)
- 50 gm corn syrup (1/2 cup)
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 5gm baking soda (Optional)
1. In a large roasting pan, layer cook corn evenly with almonds and walnuts. 2. In large heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, butter, corn syrup and cream of tartar. 3. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Let boil for 5 minutes without stirring. 4. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda (optional). 5. Pour caramel evenly over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well. 6. Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. 7. Let cool, stirring occasionally. Store in airtight tin for up to one week.
Nutritional value per serving
|Energy Kcal||Protein g||CHO g||Sodium mg||Potassium mg||Phosphorus mg|
- Addition of baking Soda is optional as it is rich in Sodium. 1 tsp of baking soda will increase sodium to 274 mg per serve.
- Substitute for cream of tartar
For every 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar in the recipe, use 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar.